Wedding planning during the holidays?? Well if that’s not a recipe for feeling overwhelmed we don’t know what it is! Whether you’re an engaged bride or just someone trying to manage the stress of the holiday season we’re here to help! You need to take care of yourself. This is so often overlooked and we sacrifice our own physical, mental, and emotional health in order to squeeze one more thing into our days. Well no more! Ha, if it were only that easy!
Say it with us, “I only have 24 hours in the day”….Amidst every decision you have to make this holiday season and every shopping trip and every present to wrap and every party to attend and every meal to cook and every work deadline to meet and every family gathering… we feel ya. It’s a lot.
Start by recognizing that sometimes you can’t do it all, and that’s ok!! It’s also ok to ask for help. Give yourself some extra grace this season and take a few moments each day to prioritize what’s most important.
Next do something for yourself. Something not related to the holidays or wedding planning…we know what you’re thinking…”there’s something else besides wedding planning and holiday preparations???”! Trust us, caring for yourself might just be the best gift you give & get all year 🙂
- Get a mani/pedi
- Treat yourself to a massage or spa day
- Curl up with your favorite book & hot cocoa
- Go see a movie
- Get your hair done
- Light some candles and take a bath
- Go to bed early one night, you’ll love the extra sleep
- Blast your favorite music and have a dance party
- Go for a walk
- Dive into a hobby that you haven’t done in a while
- Do your favorite workout
- Take time to reflect on your blessings
- Spend some time journaling
Image by Mark Hawkins Photography