Wedding shows can be a bit overwhelming, so many vendors, so many brides, and so many cake samples!! Take a little time to prepare for your outing to and you’ll thank yourself later 🙂 Here are some helpful tips to make the most out of your trip to the wedding show!
- Go in with a plan – make a list of categories that you want to find vendors for. If you know that finding a florist is a priority make sure you spend time talking with florists and getting lots of ideas.
- Do your research – look online to see which vendors are at the show, that way you can make sure to touch base with your favorites.
- Print off address labels with your name, address, phone number, and email….so many vendors have contests & raffles that require your contact info. If you bring labels you can avoid having to fill out your info umpteen times and just place your pre-done sticker on the card
- You will receive so much information that it can be hard to sort it all out after the show. Bring a notebook to write down any ideas or conversations with vendors, or make notes on your phone as you go.
- Take pictures of vendor displays and booths that inspire you
- Don’t bring your entire squad. We know it’s fun to have a day with all your girls but with so much going on it can make for a more enjoyable experience to just bring a close friend, sister, or your mom.
- Follow up with your fave vendors the next week. After you’ve had the chance to talk through all of your great finds with your finace’, be sure to touch base with your favorite vendors to thank them for the opportunity to chat at the show and to schedule or book any further services.
- If you don’t want your regular email to get bogged down with wedding stuff, it’s often a good idea to create a new email account specifically for all things wedding.
Don’t forget to have fun and enjoy the wedding planning process! And the cake too 🙂